The Truth about Charisma
“Charisma is the transference of enthusiasm.”
“How can you have charisma? Be more concerned about making others feel good about themselves than you are making them feel good about you.””
It's not down to your own natural personality because personalities don't change... you can't improve communication skills. Charisma isn't all it's made out be, there are other practical traits to look at that form the basis of the personlality of a good and great communicator.
1) SELF AWARENESS - The part of what makes us capable individuals is how "intouch" we are with our emotions. Look at youself and understand how the world sees you
How do your actions impact your emotions?.
How do they impact on the people we interact with?.
What response might we expect from them in return?.
2) EMPATHY - Being able to see the world through the eyes of your audience, even if on the surface, you have nothing in common with them. If you can't see what they see, you'll never be able to enagage with them.
3) WIT - It's not just about being funny ( though that can be a big part of successful communication) - but think in terms of one having the ability to say or write things that are both amusing and clever, the ability to think quickly and clearly and make good decisions.
Humour is without doubt a double-edged sword, use it well and display an incisive ability to drive your message home; badly, and you could end up scarred for life!!
4) PASSION - Just like sincerity once you can fake it, you've got it made. Actually, there is no replacement for passion and you can't manufacture it. passion is driven by belief and faith, it's at our very core.
5) SPARK - Animated, alive, aware, vibrant, smiling, enthusiastic, lively, energetic.
Develop a confidence in what you are saying which will come across in the way that you say it, the way you look and the way that you act.
See you around. Remember, “Charisma is the fragrance of soul.”